To the faithful readers of Ramblings of a Country Preacher:
After much prayer and consideration, I have decided that I will retire from pastoring in June 2027. By that time, I will have spent nearly sixty years in the ministry and forty years serving as pastor of Sugar Plain Friends Church.
This is not an easy decision. Preaching the Gospel has never been merely a job to me—it has been the calling of my life.
In recent years, however, my health has made the work increasingly difficult. I am living with a rare blood cancer, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, heart failure, and advanced kidney failure. The Lord has carried me through many valleys, and He has been better to me than I could ever deserve. Nevertheless, I must recognize that the time has come to step away from the daily responsibilities of pastoring.
Retirement does not mean that I am retiring from serving the Lord.
The Bible says:
“They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.”
—Psalm 92:14, KJV
As long as the Lord gives me strength, I intend to continue writing, teaching, sharing the Gospel, and speaking about the things He lays upon my heart. Ramblings of a Country Preacher will continue. I may be leaving the pulpit, but I am not laying down my testimony.
Introducing Pro Hunter Online
As part of this new chapter, I have started a faith-based business called Pro Hunter Online.
Pro Hunter Online is intended to be different from the ordinary online store. It is built around faith, family, responsible outdoor living, and practical preparation. The store offers products for hunting, fishing, camping, outdoor recreation, and emergency preparedness.
My interest in the outdoors goes back many years. I have hunted in the Rocky Mountains, ridden horseback through the Wyoming wilderness, camped in deep snow, worked among Native American people on the Wind River Reservation, and spent a lifetime learning the value of preparation, responsibility, and respect for God’s creation.
This business is not an attempt to become wealthy. As I prepare to retire—and as medical expenses and the needs of daily living continue—it is my hope that Pro Hunter Online will provide some needed income while allowing me to continue my ministry of writing and sharing the Gospel.
I want Pro Hunter Online to become more than a place where people purchase outdoor products. I want it to be a place that encourages families to spend time together, helps young people learn outdoor skills, promotes responsible preparedness, and reminds people that we are stewards of everything God has placed in our hands.
“Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
—1 Corinthians 4:2, KJV
I Am Asking for Your Support
To those who have followed Ramblings of a Country Preacher, prayed for me, encouraged me, and shared my writings through the years, I am asking you to take a few moments to visit my new website:
Please look through the store, visit the blog, and learn more about what I hope to accomplish. If you find something you need, your purchase will help support this new chapter of my life and ministry. Even if you are not ready to purchase anything, you can still help by sharing the website with your family, friends, church members, hunters, campers, fishermen, and anyone interested in outdoor living or emergency preparedness.
Every visit, every shared link, every order, and every prayer will be deeply appreciated.
I do not know exactly what this next season will hold. None of us does. But I know the One who holds tomorrow. The same Lord who called me into the ministry as a young man is still with me as I approach retirement.
My body may be growing weaker, but my faith has not retired. My calling has not disappeared. My desire to share the Gospel has not diminished.
There are still sermons to preach, stories to tell, lessons to teach, and souls that need to hear about Jesus Christ.
So this is not the end of the road. It is simply a bend in the road and the beginning of a new chapter.
Thank you for walking with this old country preacher. Thank you for your prayers, your friendship, and your support. I invite you to walk with me into this next season by visiting ProHunterOnline.com.
May the Lord richly bless you and your family.
The Country Preacher
Ramblings of a Country Preacher
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
—Philippians 4:13, KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment