Monday, May 14, 2018

Faith Tried and Tested In The Fire


Several years ago, I read Foxes Book of Martyrs and was amazed at the suffering the faithful believers went through as a testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ.  Today I read from the Open Door and Voice of the Martyrs of the persecution of faithful believers today and I can only wonder why I have been so blessed by the LORD.  I have not been persecuted for being a Christian.  I have not lost family and friends my home or church have not been burned down and I live a fairly quite life. I may have some who disagree with me and even call me names but persecuted—No.
Do I want to be persecuted?  No. However, those who have given their life for the cause of Jesus Christ no doubt did not seek persecution or death, it came upon them because the devil hates the followers of Jesus Christ.  It matters not how persecution comes it is from the devil.  As Christians we have been warned the there would be tribulation in this life.  We will be tried and tested.  Our faith will be refined, and if we are faithful it will be as pure gold.  The question to myself is, will I stand fast when I am faced with what my brothers and sister in the Middle-East are faced with every day?  I believe the LORD gives the needed grace in time of need.  Again, my question will I stand fast when the time comes to give that ultimate testimony to the greatness of the LORD.  Do I believe it is coming to America?  Yes.  America has been blessed by the LORD, no doubt more so than any nation.  The LORD has been longsuffering and merciful to America and we have trampled His mercy and grace.  We have as a nation rejected His call to repent even though He has given us space to repent.  Those days are swiftly coming to an end when the mercy of the LORD will continue to be extended.
There is this common idea in America that the LORD is going to Rapture the Christians out of the trouble that is coming.  The question is why would He do this for the least spiritual people in the Christian faith?  We have been told that we will be tried and tested.  I would ask this question when has the American Christian been tried and tested?  When you read of the Christians written by John Foxe of the martyrs in the early days of Christianity or the Christians who have lost everything for the testimony of Jesus Christ today, how can we say we have been tried or tested and our faith has been proven?
Peter tells us of the great mercy God has shown toward us. It is through Jesus Christ that we receive the blessings from God for His children.  The blessings Peter is talking about are in heaven where they cannot be destroyed.  Peter writes about the power of God to protect us by our faith and that it will keep us safe until our salvation comes.  However, that salvation that is coming is at the end of time.  This is our hope in this life, but we must suffer through various kinds of trouble.  These   troubles are to test our faith and prove that our faith is pure.  Just as gold is proved to be pure by fire our faith will be proven to be pure and the results will be praise and honor when the LORD returns at His Second Coming.
The question asked by Jesus was when He returns will He find faith among those who call themselves Christians.  So, again the question, will I be able to stand fast amid persecution?  I don’t know about you, but I am concerned that the faith I have has not been tested like those of our brothers and sisters in countries where the message of Jesus Christ is against the law.  I am not look for persecution but when it comes will I remain faithful.  In my heart and mind I am saying YES, but at what cost.
It is important that we pray for those suffering persecutions around the world.  Someday, it will be the American Christian that needs prayer.  How is your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment