Monday, February 1, 2021

Morning Prayer 2/1/2021

 Our Father and my God,  thank You for your protection during the night.  I am grateful for Your mercy and grace that You give to me.  Thou art the great Protector of Your people.  I praise You for all Your goodness to me and the blessings You have brought into my life.

As I begin my day, I pray that You would fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Cover me with your protecting wings and keep me safe from harm and spiritual attacks.  Help me speak only the words You would have me say, do only the things you would have me do, and think only the thoughts You would have me believe.  Please help me to be a reflection of You so others will seek you as well. 

In this world of instant gratification, wild desires, unholy ambitions, and evil dreams, LORD, I ask that You give me the Spirit of contentment and the capacity to be content in my circumstances. 

Father God, I ask you to help me put on the spiritual armor that will protect me from harm and help me stand before the enemy. Help me to tie the belt of truth around my waist and protect my heart with the breastplate of righteousness.  Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that I will be able to stand firm against the devil's schemes.  Let me place upon my feet the preparation of the gospel of peace so that I can share the good news with others. And help me hold the shield of faith in my hands that can put out the flaming darts of the wicked one.  

Protect my mind from ungodly thoughts with the helmet of salvation. Arm me with the sword of the Spirit, which is the living word of God.  Isaiah 26:3 – "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You." Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me," says the Lord.

I give You thanks and praise for sending Your Son to die on the cross so I could live in You and have eternal life. The joy of the LORD is my strength; it helps me to walk in that strength.  Help me share the joy of the LORD with others around me so they will draw near You.   In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment